The official newspaper of the Ramaz Upper School

The Rampage

The Rampage

The Rampage

Get To Know Ms. Wapner

Get To Know Ms. Wapner

KT: Where are you from? What school did you go to?

Ms. Wapner: I grew up in Toronto, Canada and I went to Ulpanat Orot which is the girls branch of Bnei Akiva schools, the yeshiva high school in Toronto.

KT: What do you enjoy doing in your free time?

Ms. Wapner: In my free time I love hosting Shabbos meals, I love listening to music, I like movies, I really like traveling, I did some cool trips this past summer. I went to Europe a couple of times. I read, I like cooking, but I would say my number one hobby is hosting Shabbos meals.

KT: What is your favorite book and/or movie?

Ms. Wapner: I’ll give a book and a movie, this is hard, I love Hemingway so it’s got to be For Whom the Bell Tolls, no I change my mind A Farewell to Arms, Hemingway A Farewell to Arms is my favorite book, and my favorite movie is probably Rushmore, it’s a Wes Anderson movie.

KT: If you could go any place in the world where would you go and why?

Ms. Wapner: I haven’t been to Italy. I really want to go to Italy, I want to explore Jewish history, I want to eat amazing food, it’s been on my list.

KT: What were your favorite and least favorite subjects in high school?

Ms. Wapner: In high school my least favorite subject was math, and I failed 11th grade math so you too can fail 11th grade math and teach at Ramaz. My favorite subject was history and now I teach JLT and I teach history and I love the interconnection of judaic studies and history.

KT: What is your favorite thing about Ramaz so far?

Ms. Wapner: My favorite thing about Ramaz so far is the community. The community of faculty, parents, and students have been very welcoming, I feel right at home. There has been a lot that has to be done in the first month of school but I just feel like everyone has been very warm and very welcoming and I feel that as a new faculty that feels really great.

KT: What are you most excited for about Ramaz?

Ms. Wapner: I am excited to build relationships with students, I am excited to help mentor students, I am excited to write letters of recommendation for students. I am excited to get to the end of the year and look back and see how you start off the year as total strangers and by the end of the year you have really developed different kinds of relationships with different kinds of students which I think is a wonderful thing.